Some days I can’t believe I am an influencer. Often, I feel I can’t influence my own kids to pick up their toys, or even oversee what I get to watch tonight on television. Luckily the products I recommend often come at just the right moment, and occasionally I stumble upon a new product that thoroughly impresses me. Today I am thanking the Fed Ex Gods for delivering me an unexpected package from 5 Generation Bakers with their amazing products of Jenny Lee Bread.
I don’t know that I have ever been quite as excited to see a delivery of bread arrive at my door. As I unfolded the box, several amazing flavors enticed my carb-loving behind to quickly imagine what I would soon sink my salivating teeth into. My initial thought was round bread, that is different… Yet as I pulled flavors such as Classic Cinnamon, Cinnamon Chocolate Chip, and Cinnamon Apple, my mind took me to reminiscent thoughts of favorite recipes and even the sharp desire to rip those bags open and prepare that toast covered in buttery goodness while I had a few moments of silence before the bus arrived with my babies in tow. As I finished up my last post with no interruptions, I realized I had missed my moment of opportunity as my preteen daughter stormed in the door with an immediate request for something chocolate. Thank you, Jenny Lee Cinnamon Chocolate Chip, for you were the hero in the moment as two ladies silently devoured your yummy goodness with exchanges of joyous smile filled snacking.
Upon revisiting my package of goodies later that evening as I bragged about sensational flavor and further curiosity to my husband, we were delighted to stumble upon two additional flavors I did not notice in my quick overlook earlier that day. Jenny Lee Tomato Basil and Jenny Lee Garlic Herb peek my savory interest and my mind wanders over what I can cook in the upcoming days. Burgers must happen but for now, we decide to taste some of sweet breads for dessert. Jenny Lee Cinnamon Apple, you win for today’s favorite and are chosen to be the delight for tomorrows family breakfast.
- 1 loaf Jenny Lee Original Cinnamon Bread
- 1 loaf Jenny Lee Cinnamon Apple Bread
- 14 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut each loaf of bread into small cubes and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Lightly butter a large glass casserole pan. Thoroughly coat the cut bread in egg mixture so that all pieces are covered and moist. Spread combination evenly into buttered casserole pan.
- Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Melt ½ stick of butter for 15 seconds in microwave then coat top of casserole evenly.
- Serve with syrup and enjoy!
For days, we have delighted in every spin on bread we can dream up. Toast, Sandwiches, Burgers, Casseroles, French Toast, Bread Pudding, and more.
One of our creative nights yielded the use of Tomato Basil bread to create Balsamic Glazed Caprese Pizza Sliders. If you don’t try this one you are missing out! We used it as a side to an alfredo dish but would make a great lunch or finger food style dinner. Check out the recipe here:
- 1 package Jenny Lee Tomato Basil
- Jar Pesto
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella
- Sliced tomatoes
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet spread out the individual slices of Jenny Lee Tomato Basil. Lightly Sprinkle olive oil over all slices. Dust each slice with garlic salt and then coat each slice with Pesto.
- Divide the Mozzarella evenly over each slice of coated bread. Place 2-3 sliced tomatoes on the top of each.
- Bake the tray for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is visibly crisped. Remove the sliders and drizzle with desired amount of balsamic glaze.
We thank Jenny Lee Bread from 5 Generation Bakers for the opportunity to enjoy the spoils of the most fabulous decadent bread, and hope that you all will take the time to do the same!
If you have any yummy Jenny Lee recipes and/or pictures to share, please do so!
Now my readers can get the chance to get bread as I did!
Register to Win a $200 Shopping Spree at Jenny Lee Swirl Bread Click Here!