A few months back I found a found an online specialty Food Company stands the test of time –Olde Westport Spice Company creates custom spice blends, seasonings and dry soups. Well I have been cooking and have been using a number of their products in my kitchen. I have used the Garlic Seasoning, Chili Mix and Mesquite Seasonings. All of these seasoning have made cooking fun and gave me a different blend of flavors.
“Olde Westport Spice & Trading Company is a 33-year-old spice manufacturer that is still going strong. This online company operates a small plant in Goodland, Kansas, and knows a thing or two about spices, seasonings and soups. This family owned and operated company was originally founded in the Kansas City area and has stayed true to its mission of making custom spice blends for main meal dishes and appetizers as well as nearly 20 varieties of dry soups.
The products are available online at www.oldewestportspice.com; at food-related craft and trade shows throughout the Midwest; and at gift and gourmet food shops. Olde Westport’s spice blends and seasonings include Italian, Cajun, Taco, Fajita, Chili, Jalapeno, Beef Sauce, Salsa, Garlic and many more. All of the products use quality ingredients for a balanced flavor that compliments meats, pastas and vegetables. The company also invented dry soup mixes that are simple and easy to make including Antonio’s Minestrone, Country-Style Creamy Potato, Chipotle Black Bean, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese, Kansas City Steak & Ale, Gold Coast Garlic Pasta Alfredo, Mesa Flats Chicken Enchilada, New Orleans Red Bean & Rice, Southwestern Tortilla, White Chili Soup and more.
Olde Westport Spice and Trading Co. is owned and operated by Bill and Judy Petersen, who along with their daughter, Ann Myers, also own and run a restaurant (Westport Grill) in Goodland featuring the products. Bill first custom created all of the spices and seasonings in the kitchen of his home. Today the company has a manufacturing facility where Bill still researches and develops new recipes and dishes for future products. For more information or to place an order, please visit www.oldewestportspice.com or call 1-800-537-6470.” – Olde Westport Spice Company.
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 lb. of Asparagus
- 1 Package of Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion or green onion
- Olde Westport Garlic Seasoning
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Thaw your chicken. Season Chicken with Seasoning. (I used Olde Westport Garlic Seasoning). Place olive oil in pan at medium heat and brown at both sides.
- While chicken is cooking cut your vegetables. Note: I used vegetables already cut to save time) Set aside.
- Once your chicken is browned on both sides (20 minutes or so), set aside.
- In the same pan as the chicken add crushed garlic to drippings. Sauté on medium heat and add vegetables. Sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until desired texture. (Note: I love my vegetable to be a little crunchy)
- You can eat this alone or with rice. I prefer white rice or brown rice.
I have changed many aspects to my cooking, especially for my family to a healthier lifestyle of eating. I made this Asparagus Mushroom Chicken the other night with the Olde Westport Garlic Seasoning. It was so easy to make and very tasty. Great for any night of the week!!!
Disclaimer: Product for this review was sponsored by USFamilyGuide. All opinions are my own.