Summer time is crazy time of year the kids are out of school and you are gone all day at not at home to cook. Once the nice weather hits you is an automatic autopilot to serve the traditional summer time foods. After a while you and your family will get bored of it and quick.
One-week night meal that has become a hit in my home is my Stuffed Peppers. I grew up with my mother making this meal at least a few times a month but in summer this meal can be pre made a head of time and heated in the oven or grill. My mother always fused the flavors of the peppers with cooked ground beef flavored with garlic to blend it with tomato sauce and cooked rice. Making this meal a one-pan meal to serve with bread or a side salad.
I do hope you like this version of this recipe and hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
Did I tell you it is Gluten Free?
For more recipes check out my Food Section of this blog!
- 4 Assorted Bell Peppers
- 1 Lb of Ground Beef ( use Turkey or chicken if you do not eat beef)
- 1 Tsp of Crushed Garlic
- 1 Bag of Baby Spinach
- 1 can of Tomato Paste
- 1 bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 6 Leaves of Basil
- Seasoning to taste
- Spray Oil
- In a large skillet, prepare your meat mixture. Add seasoning and garlic. As the meat is simmering at spinach to mixture. Let simmer for 20 mins or when your meat is brown.
- While your meat is cooking prepare your peppers. Wash with water and cut in half. Pull out seeds and place in a greased pan.
- Stuff your peppers with your Spinach meat mixture then top with paste, cheese and add basil to top.
- Cook in Oven at 350 for 15 Mins. Allow for your cheese to melt and pepper to soften. *Oven temps can vary cooking times.
- If you cook on the Grill make sure you have a grill safe pan with lots of cooking spray or it will stick.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serve with a side salad or bread. Enjoy!