As fall continues to roll in so does the one-pot recipes your grandmother use to make. I am bringing one of my favorites that my grandmother would make quite often, Chicken Stew or Pollo Guisado. So rich and full of flavor this dish will make you feel full of comfort and happiness. Not just for a weekend dinner you can make this any day of the week! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
- 1 package of Chicken (use breast, thighs (boneless) or parts
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Olives
- 2-3 Potatoes
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1 Tsp of Vinegar
- 1 cup Sorfrito
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1-3 Garlic cloves (mashed)
- 1 Bay leaf
- In a medium stock pot heat olive oil, add chicken browning on both sides. Once brown
- remove from oil and drain. Keep the same pan to add the sofrito and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients, season to taste, cover.
- Allow stew cook over low heat for 35 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with Cilantro.